My journey to become a Figure Competitor

My journey to become a Figure Competitor

Friday, April 2, 2010

Chicken tastes like Victory...

Hmmm well this is what my coach corina told me a couple of days ago. It was 8.00pm and i had just finished my 11th meal of chicken and sweet potatoe but i still had one meal to go at 10pm. Just the thought of putting another piece of chicken to my lips was making me gag. Not a good sign. Thinking i was going to get a sympathetic ear from another female i text corina asking if i could skip the last meal of the night. Her reply... 'Chicken tastes like Victory!'. Ummm maybe im seasoning it incorrectly. Cos the chicken im eating tastes dry, bland and uninviting. *sigh*
I love her enthusiasm to the sport - its why ive got her helping me, and the phrase got me thinking.
This journey to the figure stage is not about the food, or the training or the meal timing - of course those things are crucial but the real journey, the real challenge is psychological. Its easy to eat certain foods at a certain time and push through training but what is it that allows us to keep going day after day? I believe it is all about individual drive, dedication and commitment. Without these things we have no resolve.
Competition prep is not a day by day thing, it is an hour by hour process. By this i mean every hour (maybe even less) i have to give myself a pep talk to keep going, to keep fuelling my body and making sure i do that last 30 minutes of cardio each day. This is what makes this sport so draining and so difficult. My resolve is strong, but that may only be for the next 20 minutes and then i may have to convince myself to keep going all over again.
It is a mental game of cat and mouse and its bloody tough.
So 3rd day of water load and deplete, 3 more to go.
Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment