My journey to become a Figure Competitor

My journey to become a Figure Competitor

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Blood, sweat and tears...lots of tears.


Ok so this week has been so erractic that i'm feeling a little exhausted just from the emotional highs and lows. You hear alot about comp prep being hard, torture sometimes and you nod your head and think to yourself yes im sure its tough - BUT, until your in the midst of it, you simply cannot understand fully what it is like. Nor would i want you to!
So for you girls out there (and guys) reading this who have completed a comp - hats off to you.
The hardest thing i am finding is that one day im fine, bursting with energy (ok well not bursting but, kinda feeling normal!) and then the next day, i feel like dog poo. Then the next day im ok again and so on. So just as i get used to feeling shitty, i feel ok again and then when i think great, im doing ok, i feel shitty all over again ARGHHHHHHH!
So although my mind and emotions have been a little off kilt, my eating and exercise has not - its been spot on. Ya - victory!
Yesterday I felt awesome. I did spin class in the mornning, did my killer weights program and in between my weights and afternoon cardio, i cleaned the house from top to bottom. By 8pm i was in bed, crashing big time!
This morning i woke up with angry tonsils as a result of my manic thursday! I have always suffered from tonsilitus, and as soon as my body becomes stressed physically, they flare up as a warning. So i woke this morning, dragged myself out of bed and did my morning cardio. By the time i was due to do my weights session, i was feeling miserable but of course, in i went to the studio. I walked up the stairs and during the first exercise - i started crying...hmmmm thank god my husband is my trainer!
Poor Michael - he is such a trooper! So long story short i dragged my arse through todays weights (yes people, crying the entire time), didn't make it all the way through however and came home to bed. Bliss is a doona and 2 dogs.
I did send an emergency text to Corina, who quickly told me to calm down and just keep focused.
So after a sleep, some food, and puppy cuddles, I am feeling better.
The funny thing is, i am actually enjoying this process! Its the changes I am seeing in my body that spurs me on, so even on the days I feel like my world is crumbling around me - i would never give up. Im oficially hooked on comp prep.
I did have an amazing discovery today however that has me tickled pink - and of course it invloves food! My post workout meal involves eggs, chicken and banana. So today i mixed the eggs, banana, cinnamon and some splenda together and cooked it into a pancake. Then i squeezed lemon over the top. Perhaps this is what nirvana feels like. For anyone out there wanting a quick and easy breakfast that is kind to the figure - this is it - i promise u it is th best thing ever! Then i just had my chicken seperately. I just needed somthing sweet and this certainly hit the spot. YUM!
Well thats it for now. Next week sees me 7 weeks out from comp. Its not a lot of time. I will be posting some more progress pics this weekend and fingers crossed there has been some good movement...
xxoo

2 comments:

  1. Hi Lauren,

    You poor thing :( You pretty much summed up comp prep in a nutshell there. Its a rollercoaster ride. You have your great days and your down right crappy days. You have the right attitude and awesome you are powering through those not so great days. The end result is all worth it! Keep up the awesome work. Everything worthwhile is worth fighting for. Shannon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Shannon. Oh and I love that - 'everything worthwhile is worth fighting for'
    It's so true and I will remind myself of this daily now! xxoo

    ReplyDelete