My journey to become a Figure Competitor

My journey to become a Figure Competitor

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Brocolli brain


Well im almost a week into my comp prep. Im starting to feel the phrase 'what the
f&%$ am i doing?' starting to dissapate...but not quickly enough! I now know why only a handful of people ever compete in this sport - because it is friggin HARD. But nothing is ever worth doing if it is easy.
So, that being said I am getting into the swing of my training and my eating. Hmmm now my eating, hence the title of this blog, involves brocolli. Alot of brocolli. At almost every meal. B.R.O.C.O.L.L.I. If i gave blood tomorrow im sure it would come out green. Now don't get me wrong, i actually like brocolli. well i did. But it is a very hard veg to make interesting - if any of you have any ideas please let me know!
I had a moan to corina about it via Michael and her response was 'oh and your not even eating it at every meal...yet!'. Is it just me or is she getting some sort of sadistic kick out of this?!
I said to Fiona on the phone this morning (Fi is also competing with myself and corina in July)that we will have such a new found appreciation for normal healthy food after this 15 weeks, and i think this is something that I am going to be able to utilize with clients also.
Training is great though. I love lifting heavy, and the structure of the training means I get a real sweat going. The cardio is strange for me because it is all low intensity steady state stuff. Im used to banging out 5 and 10km runs at least 5 times a week, but now it is 45mins walk in the AM and 30 mins walk in the PM, 5 days per week. Any higher intensity will just eat into my muscle - not something i want to do whilst trying to build muscle. So i am just trying to enjoy ambling with my dogs of an afternoon in the park! Not too much to complain about in this weather.
So there you have it - 1 week down and im still alive - sore but alive!
Next week I will be posting photos and updating you guys on my measurements...so in the meantime train hard everyone and see u in the gym!
xxoo

No comments:

Post a Comment