My journey to become a Figure Competitor

My journey to become a Figure Competitor

Monday, March 22, 2010

Day 1... *sigh*


Welcome to my new blog site everyone! This is where i will be marking my journey to the figure comp stage. So what exactly is a figure comp? Well maybe i will start with what it ISN'T. Tt is not bodybuilding. It is not muscle bound women that look like they have been injected with roids. It isn't easy!
So what is it? It is women of all ages dieting and training to get their body as lean as possible so that muscle definition, striation, and some seperation can be seen. It is a sport. It is damn tough.
Not ever content with not having a challenge (!!) I have decided to jump head first into competing in July this year. Yikes. Thanks to Glenn and Corina at ASN for taking me under their wing and mentoring me through this. Maybe I won't be thanking them in a few weeks time...!


So here are a few stats (and i will be posting progress pics also) I am 5'4 (160cm) and i weigh 63kgs and my body fat percentage is 25%. So i fall into all the normal categories. In order to compete in July i need to be around 55kgs and 10% body fat.
I will be training in 2 phases. The first phase is the next 3-4 weeks and then the 2nd phase is 12 weeks out from comp. This first phase sees me training 5 days a week on around 1400 cals. 1.5hrs of weights and cardio in the morning and 30 mins of cardio in the arvo. Totally do-able.It is classified as a bulking phase or the building of lean muscle mass. However, It is the second phase that is freakin me out a little already - but more on that later!

My meals look something like this:
Meal 1: protein shake, 1 banana and 30g oats
meal 2: 1 egg and 3 whites, 120g chicken and 100g brocolli
meal 3: 75g sweet potatoe, chicken and asparagus
meal 4: chicken and brocolli
meal 5: lean protein and veg
meal 6: protein shake

Hmmmm...pretty bland huh?! Its day 1 and im already daydreaming of apples and mangoes!! hhaah oh dear!
Fortunately i am not doing this alone. Corina will also be competing in July as will one of our clients from the studio so we have a little support system going.

Im very excited about seeing results and believe this is key to maintaining motivation. So skin folds and girths are done every week - weight is not important but naturally will start to come down as my body fat does.

So there you have it - day one nearly done and dusted and im one step closer to the stage...mmmmmmm apples......;-)

xxoo

No comments:

Post a Comment