My journey to become a Figure Competitor

My journey to become a Figure Competitor

Sunday, March 28, 2010

The numbers are falling...

Well the start of my second week and i have just had measurements. My bodyfat % is down to 23% yaaaa (have to hit 10% for stage though)and my weight is down 1.5kgs. All good and very pleased but would have been pissed off with any other result after consuming kilos of chicken, fish, brocolli and beans this last week! Have not had my mls tested yet because corina is waiting on her digital calipers. This will give me an indication of where exactly i am dropping fat from on my body not just a generic number. This is important because my exercise will need to change acccording to these results.
Training is going good, lifting heavy and quick! These are 49 set workouts and they are intense to say the least! I have noticed with a bit of carb depletion that i struggle already but i will just have to adapt to this as my carbs will contine to drop (insert very unhappy face here).
Had a few little panics over the weekend. What if i can't get to 10%? What if i don't have the muscle gain that i need? What if i don't make it to the stage? What if what if what if?????! I was beginning to drive myself insane until a particularly sane husband of mine told me to 'knock it off'. I can always rely on michael to put me back in my place lol! His exact words were...
"You can only do what you can do. If you don't compete in July, then compete in September instead.".
Well duh!
He is right on though. All this pressure is silly because all i can do is follow the plan, listen to michael, glenn and corina and do my very best. If it is not good enough come july - there is nothing i can do about it, ill just have to compete later.
SO, with renewed strength i start week 2 of my comp prep...14 more to go...
Oh and i know i promised update pics but the bloomin camera has decided to pack it in. Kind of ok about that one!! Michael has taken pics on his phone which he, corina and i will refer to for progress and muscle symmetary. The pics horrified me although michael said any pics always have that affect on me! But even though im showing some good upper body muscle and im quite lean, my lower body is my tough part. It is where i naturally hold my fat and will be the area that decides to shift at the very end. Aghh that is so frustrating!
So this week i am doing a trial water load and deplete so that come the week before comp i know how my body responds. Im off to see corina today to get the plan for this and will start tomorrow. Bring on the loo trips *sigh*!
Ok well that is about it for now, I hope you are all training hard and being mindful with your food!
Til next time...
xxoo

No comments:

Post a Comment