My journey to become a Figure Competitor

My journey to become a Figure Competitor

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

chicken and sweet potatoe...foe or friend?

Well, today sees my first day of water loading and depleting. This is not fun. In fact it kinda sucks. I knew this would be a 6 day process of large intakes of water down to no water - but no one told me about the eating plan that goes with it! Well, thats if u can call it an 'eating' plan.
Here is how my next 6 days are looking for food:
Meal 1: 120g chicken and 100g sweet potatoe/or brocolli
meal 2: 120g chicken and 100g sweet potatoe/or brocolli
meal 3: 120g chicken and 100g sweet potatoe/or brocolli
meal 4: 120g chicken and 100g sweet potatoe/or brocolli
meal 5: 120g chicken and 100g sweet potatoe/or brocolli
meal 6: 120g chicken and 100g sweet potatoe/or brocolli

i AM NOT EVEN JOKING. I wish to god i was actually. Come day 6 i will be one large eating, talking, moving piece of chicken and sweet potatoe.
Along with this i have 6litres of water day one and it just keeps dropping until on day 6 i have no water. You may be all wondering what the point of this is. Im kinda wondering that too - BUT there is a reason. This is what i will have to do the week before comp to completely drain my body of any fluids so i am what they call 'dry' on stage and my muscles (hopefully) will be more prominant. Im doing a test run now to see how my body responds to this so that come comp time there are no surprises.
The one really good thing about this is that I will really appreciate my comp diet in 6 days time!
So whilst u all out there are eating chocolate bunnies, hot x buns (jess!)and seafood dinners - spare a little thought for the crazy girl doing her comp prep. *sigh*.

Last night i thought i would attempt to make a soup out of chicken, sweet potatoe, plain water, herbs and garlic. It smelt really good, and then i blended it all up to have this morning. Just to give you an indication of just how bad it tasted, i gave it to one of my labrador x kelpie's and she wouldn't eat it. She sniffed it, looked up at me as if to say 'you gotta be kiddin me' and walked off. Needless to say that batch of 'soup' went down the drain along with my last piece of sanity.
Ok well im off to attempt a legs workout on no carbs, wish me luck!
Happy Easter everyone!
xxoo

No comments:

Post a Comment