My journey to become a Figure Competitor

My journey to become a Figure Competitor

Friday, May 7, 2010

Sit and spin...

Well im nearly there people. Its hard to believe that I have now been dieting for 7 weeks and next week sees me 8 weeks out from the July comps. It really has gone very quickly - although some days have felt like months rolled into one.
My program has changed now and the intensity of my cardio has increased to maximise the fat burning process. 2hrs a day of cardio is tiring, but when the intensity of those 2 hours is increased, it becomes a whole new ballgame. Im tired constantly. The cocktail of supplements i am on is the only thing that is keeping me from being a walking zombie. And yet I am more driven than ever to get the best possible physique for this comp. I think it must be the inbuilt competitive person in me that just does not believe in failing. When I do something - I do it properly and with intensity. This has been a blessing and a curse in my 31 years, because lets face it, really competitive people are often, well... annoying. I don't think it is possible to compete in this sport without that type of nature though, because when it starts to get tough - thats when u have to dig your heels in and work even harder. Glenn said to me the other day something that resonated. He said "when your not doing what you need to do in YOUR comp prep - your competitor IS". He's right of course, and that's what keeps me going.
So this morning i rose at 6am to meet Glenn and Corina for a spin class! Yup, never done one of these in my life, but i was pumped (excited, if only for the simple reason that it was cardio that didn't involve the treadmill *sigh*). Im oficially addicted! I sweated my toosh off (exactly what needs to be happening!) and had lovely shaky legs after class. I think Glenn and Corina were surprised at my stamina considering im carb depleted! But my cardio fitness is really good and so even though i was shattered from it, im excited that i have been instructed to do 2 classes a week as part of my comp prep.
So after class glenn took corina and i through a legs session - killer. Need i say any more? And a few abs. Then off for a feed, where the chef was quite put out that he was asked to do a 3 egg white omlette with NOTHING else in it, for moi! I had to play the allergy card just to get them to do it, ahhh the joys of comp prepping!
So then it was back home to sit for a second and then 1 hr on the treadmill. It is now 4pm saturday arvo and grandma here is in her pj's after a long hot shower! My poor husband is slowly getting used to losing me to cardio equipment and comp prep in general.
So that's it for now, ive got measurements tomorrow, hoping for a good drop. Nutrition changing slightly next week to incorporate food every 2hrs now instead of 3hrs.
So im off to go lie down for a while (!!) but ill leave u guys with a few progress pics...
xxoo


No comments:

Post a Comment