My journey to become a Figure Competitor

My journey to become a Figure Competitor

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

The start of comp dreaming...


Well theres a running tradition it seems with figure competitors, that the closer they get to comp - the dreams of competing on stage begin. And so, I now join this illustrious club!
Last night i had the first of many i suspect, comp dreams of being on stage under the bright lights in front of many many people...and i lost! Not just lost - got laughed off stage because...and wait for it... i was too muscular! Well, i don't think this is going to be a dream turn reality any time soon! Just before i went on stage I asked my coach Corina if i looked in 'condition' and her response was 'It will have to do'! I told her i didn't want to go out there if I wasn't perfect but she assured me i was fine and pushed me out there.
Ok, well even with my psych background it doesn't take a genius to see the real meaning in this dream. I have already talked extensively with glenn and corina about my fears of not being stage ready by july and they have assured me that if im not stage ready - they won't be letting me compete. So my fears of lagging are starting to haunt my dreams too!
Well anyway everything is going great. I seem to be on track and am starting to see leg muscles pop with anticipation! Good stuff - its my weak area. I have 2 weeks left of my current eating and workout program (maybe one week as i have suggested we bump it forward to get things moving a little faster). So goodbye oats, eggs, banana and protein powder *sigh*. What does this leave me with u ask? Well, let me see, ummm...chicken, brocolli and sweet potatoe. O.M.G.
Today I am 6 weeks out from competition. It is really gaining momentum and i just hope i can keep up with it all.
So as it is all starting to get closer I have started to think about comp day logistics. Backstage you are allowed one helper to assist with your bikini fitting, pump up, food etc. So Corina will be my helper and glenn will be backstage anyway because he often helps out with the comps. The saturday morning of the competition glenn and corina will be coming round to mick's and my place and glenn will be doing my tan for me cos he has experience with this. Kate will be doing my hair and makeup and michael will be there to keep me from spazzing out and feeding me! It feels like my wedding preperation all over again! All very exciting and nerve wracking.
Not much else to report really folks, its the same thing day in day out at present. I did take progress pics on the weekend but haven't downloaded them yet so i will post them soon ( i know some of you are anxious to see my progress which i love by the way!).
Ok keep training hard people and ill report back soon...
xxoo

2 comments:

  1. Hey babe

    Thanks for the Facebook add I'll be following you all the way so we can give each other during our comp prep. I know what you mean about having the fear of not being stage ready cos that's freaking me out too! Provided we stick to our plan I'm sure all will be good.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey hon!

    ooohhh im so excited that you will be prepping for your first comp! I assumed you must have already done one considering your in such amazing shape.
    So we can definantly prop each other up along the way!
    I agree about sticking to the plan. We have coaches for a reason-they know what they are doing and its up to us just to do implement it, no shortcuts.
    Good luck hon and ill be following your progress.
    xxoo

    ReplyDelete