My journey to become a Figure Competitor

My journey to become a Figure Competitor

Thursday, June 3, 2010

Go fish


Ahhh yes I have been one slack blogget but alas I have been busy doing...wait for it...yes, still comp prepping.
People, it takes up soooo much time! I can't even tell you, and now, i have lost yet another hour of my life to the dreaded...cardio *sigh*.
My new program and diet is in. Im 4.5 weeks away from the All females comp and so it is go time - no turning back now, just focus, focus, focus. I have to admit I did get a little tear going when Corina told me I had 3 hours of cardio to complete on top of my weights program. This is 4hrs of working out 6 days a week. But okay on top of that I'm trying to run a business, keep the home fires burning, be a good friend, be a good wife, and mother to 2 kelpies, as well as prep all my food each day. Now i want to be perfectly clear about this - im NOT complaining. This was my choice and I am loving the process, but its tough. I guess that is why not a lot of people compete in this sport.
I am luckier than most though, owning my own business (in particular 2 studios) means that i work out whenever i want to and go home and sleep whenever i need to. Brilliant - actually i am one lucky buggar now that i think of it.
On that note, sleep that is, do any of you figure girls out there start to have difficulty sleeping close to comp? Im becoming an insomniac! Tips please!
Ok ok so i digress... yes my new diet. Its a lot of fish *drumroll*.... i LOVE fish! Yaaa !! So im quite happy, its very restrictive and bland but at least im not eating something i can't stand. So this diet lasts for 3.5 weeks until i go into my water load and deplete for 10 days prior to comp. Gee just saying that shows me just how close this comp is.
So i had a posing lesson with glenn and corina the other day - boy oh boy posing is tough work. I need A LOT of practice and fast! I will be incorporating 15mins of practice every day now and more regular lessons with G and C.
Oh and i know i promised to post progress pics but i kind of dont want to at this stage - id rather unveil my new shiny muscles on stage! lol! Well we shall see, i may include a coupple when im at least a little tanned!
Thats about it for now, not much else to report, things moving along nicely - weight is dropping, mls coming off and over 7 sites with calipers im actually spot on 10% body fat. The next few weeks shall see me dropping rather rapidly, to hopefully reveal some more muscle i have built - and im very excited bout that.
Just a quick shout out to Shannon who won her figure comp last weekend - girl you ROCK! What an inspiration ;)
Now, Im off to have a little sit down before evening cardio!
xxoo

2 comments:

  1. Hiya Lauren, you are not alone. Sometimes it is a struggle but we love it and that is why we do it :) and yes to the insomnia!!! but usually only around 3 nites out of comp.

    The next few weeks will zoom past for you! enjoy them. Tara xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Tara! Yes I must admit im completely in love with this sport already!
    xxoo

    ReplyDelete