My journey to become a Figure Competitor

My journey to become a Figure Competitor

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Whether you think you can or think you can't - either way you're right.


I love this quote. I think it sums up the process of figure competing perfectly. Prepping is a mental game - if you think you can't get there, chances are you won't. The opposite is also true. I have been battling with this for the last week...can I? Can't I? Do I even want to? And I have decided, yes, I do want this and I will do it and i will suceed. When I say suceed, im not referring to placing or bringing the best physique on stage, im talking about suceeding for ME. Getting up on stage will be a success in itself.
There are people that openly want me to fail. There will always be people like this out there and goodness knows if i let them affect me everytime i wouldnt have the personal success i have today. But for me i choose to concentrate on the people who have unconditionally supported me through this entire process: Michael my husband, Glenn and Corina my coaches, and Kate my bestie.
These 4 people have never let me down and their belief in me makes me want to suceed even more...
I had a bit of a meltdown yesterday. After a few crisis texts back and forth between Corina and I - i got a call from Glenn. Glenn, to put it all in context, is this great big italian unit who to look at could be considered intimidating. He has competed before and is very successfully running ASN Richmond store. Glenn understood what I was feeling - the fear, the doubts, the tiredness, the depleted mood swings - he has felt it all before. His words really resonated with me. He reminded me to look how far I have come and to stop comparing myself to any other competitor. He said "It's not about them Lauren. It's about you". He's right. This is why id lost focus - i was so caught up in what my other competitors may or may not be doing and looking - i forgot to keep focused on MY journey.
So with 15 days to go im re-focused and ready to finish this journey strong and with determination. I will get on that stage and be proud of what i have been able to achieve - not for anyone else other than me.
I want this to be a lesson to all our Unique clients out there. Anything is achievable, you just need to want it bad enough and do what it takes consistently to get there. The journey may be long but it will be worth it in the end. This is what i will be teaching my clients when i start nutritional consultations in a few weeks time. Just start something now, be patient and consistent, ask for help, dont give up and you will succed. Trust me - i know.
On that note im off to get on my ever faithful treadmill and roll with the positivity that im feeling today...

2 comments:

  1. I'd say that quote is true in many facets of life. Glad you are in a good head space...ups and downs are a part of life-but they are especially dreadful during comp prep...hehehe. Good on ya for stickin' it out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Raechelle. And your right, ups and downs are just part of life and when i put this all in perspective (sometimes hard) being a little low on yummy foods is hardly worth a grumble when u see what others have to go through in their daily lives.
    Thanks for your support hon! xxoo

    ReplyDelete