My journey to become a Figure Competitor

My journey to become a Figure Competitor

Friday, June 25, 2010

Bring it home strong

Ahhhhhh. That is a sigh of relief... i will make it to the stage! You may be scratching your head wondering what im talking about so heres the deal. For the last 14 weeks i have been dieting and training, training and dieting, the occasional tear has been shed and muscles have been sore. I have had days where i feel like i could walk on water and days where ive felt like i could drown. I have had good 'body' days and bad 'body' days, carb depleted lows and warm breakfast oat highs. Some days it has felt like prepping would never end and other days, like today, i feel on top of the world.
Last week I wasn't sure I could bring a physique to the stage i was comfortable with. It wasn't about me being body dysmorphic, it was me trying to be realistic and not set myself up for dissapointment should my coaches tell me i wasn't quite ready. I was prepared for the worst, like someone going to war - i had all my armour on. And then it was time - the day i had been dredding...a text from corina telling me to come for a posing lesson - and the kicker - IN MY BIKINI!
So i tanned myself up like my life depended on it and wandered into the studio to meet my fate...
Glenn and Corina took one look at me and i knew - i was going up on that stage and i was going to rock it out! They were happy, impressed, excited and ready for me to represent them, ASN and unique at the All Females in 2 weeks time.
Praise coming from these 2 people in the industry is like winning lotto - they don't sugar coat things and have always been real with me. I had been given the thumbs up and something in my brain just clicked - im going to knock the next 2 weeks out of the park and bring the best physique i can.
So people - its on. Im ready. Im focused. Ive nearly done it. Wow. What a journey.
The next 2 weeks brings some challenges. My diet will change again as of next thursday, when i slowly start to remove things from my diet. Then tues, wed, thurs (the week out from comp) i will carb deplete completely, before i carb load fri and sat. I will also spend 6 days water loading and then depleting, leaving me dry as crackers. I know what to expect with this last week to some degree due to my trial water load and deplete at Easter time, but unlike at easter time i only have a couple of days before i can eat cake!!
The day after comp on the sunday I have organised a photoshoot with an amazing photographer, who also happens to be an old client of the studio, Lisa Ray. So this will be my opportunity to have a bit of fun and capture my achievement on film. Thanku Lisa, your amazing!
So things are rolling along nicely, and im excited about the final package I will bring to the stage. This week sees me just going through the motions of final heavy lifting and final stages of long cardio, and then im into 7 days out YAAA!
Til next time everyone
xxoo

2 comments:

  1. Hi Lauren, Wahoo! Not long now for you... so happy to hear you are in the zone and bringing it home strong. You have done all the hard work and now the fun begins. Can't wait to see you up there on stage.... Hang in there, Give it all you got and bring it home strong! Its the best feeling to step on stage and show off all your hard work xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh thanks Shannon! Thankgod im finally in the zone - the last couple of weeks have been torture. Im really amped about the comp now, and your right, the fun does start now!
    Hows life after comp? You did so amazing and im excited to meet up with u at the all females.
    Thanks again for your support babe xxoo

    ReplyDelete