My journey to become a Figure Competitor

My journey to become a Figure Competitor

Sunday, April 25, 2010

10 weeks out...

Well doesn't time just fly when your having, uhhmmm, fun...! I am now 10 weeks out from comp which means i have been dieting and training for this now for 5 weeks - crazy. I have really made some fantastic progress with my body shape, and muscle size in just 5 weeks which gives me hope for the next 10. I am under no illusion about the next 10 weeks being as smooth sailing as the last 5 however. With the small drop in calories with my new diet and the increase in cardio, i am finding myself hungry at times and tired. I am also becoming less tolerant and increasingly snappy especially towards the end of the day. The funny thing is, though, is it passes as quickly as it comes in a sort of schizophrenic manner! hahah! No im not going crazy, im just a little fatigued people!
Anyhoo, im more determined than ever to see this through and am excited about more body changes to come. In particular im excited (and nervous) for my bum and back of my thighs to start coming down. This will be the last area and it really is driving me crazy! Hopefully they will come in before comp - or else its goodbye July, hello september comp.
Ok so my measurements from yesterday are as follows:

Bodyfat: 13.2% (over 7 sites)
Weight down: 500g (sitting at approx 59kgs)
Girth measurements: Down in all areas except upper body (which is good)

I would give the specifics of these measurements but i have left them at home, so i will post them next time. My weight has really slowed down, but that is to be expected. 1/2 kg drop per week until comp will see me come in at 54-55kgs which would be ok.

I have been slamming the cardio over the last few days because i have been given strict instructions by glenn and corina not to do weights. I have injured the head of my bicep and it has been very painful even on the lightest of weights. So i have been on anti inflammatorys and on thursday hopefully i will be ok to get back into the weights. Just a minor setback but at least it is not a leg or groin injury - that would mean the end of my comp prep for sure, as u need your legs to do cardio!

So this week I have the wonderful KT coming to visit me. This is my bestie from canberra and she rocks! Looking forward to having a movie night on wed and then shopping on bridge road on thursday (don't tell my husband!). Kate has been following one of my nutritional plans (Unique will be launching Nutritional packages and consultations run by me in the next few weeks so watch out for them)and she has lost nearly 7kgs in 3 weeks! Awesome job and proof that if you follow the 'right' plan, it WILL work.

I will be posting some progress shots in the next few days. Corina has asked me to do some progress shots in my ASN gear so i will be organsing some nice shots not the dodgy ones i have posted so far!

Ok well that is it for the updates, i hope everyone is enjoying their long weekend break!
xxoo

3 comments:

  1. 13.2% is awesome Lauren so far, well done, keep it up girl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lauren, you are a real inspiration. Congratulations on how far you have come so far. I love reading these posts telling us about all the highs AND the lows.

    Can't wait to hear more about the Nutrition consultations as I have been struggling with my motivation, and I think you could help!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi ladies! Thank u both for your wonderful comments - it really motivates ME to keep going.
    Sarah, thanku, I can't wait to launch my Nutritional consultations because through my studies and my own experience of weight loss, I have discovered a way to help people really reach their goals. Its often hard to have that real empathy until you have had weight struggles yourself. Im excited to share this with you very very soon!
    xxoo

    ReplyDelete