My journey to become a Figure Competitor

My journey to become a Figure Competitor

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Ordinary, so so, blah...


Ok well today has been less than ordinary, so so and blah all rold into one. Just having one of those days me thinks! Nothing in particular has happened to cause my meloncholy, and yet I still feel a bit blue. Thank goodness for my husband, who just has a way of gently soothing this Leo lion's snarl! Despite being bitchy, whingy and quite rude to my husband within the space of about 10 minutes - he gave me a hug, told me i was beautiful, and then told me the chicken i was cooking smelt amazing! Do we all have special people like this in our lives or did i just get a little bit lucky?
Anyway, yesterday i felt on top of the world - today not so much and tomorrow is a new day.
Alright so I recieved my new program from Corina yesterday and today was the first day of implementing it. Actually i was stoked with it! I get to keep half a banana, my oats AND my protein shakes YAA! I had been expecting a horrible turn of events and had imagined up the worst case scenario so i was pleasantly surprised. Some of the nutrient timing has changed and my portions are smaller again but other than that i really cant complain. It will change again and get stricter still, but for now, im happy.
I seem to have injured the top of my bicep and possibly my rotator cuff. Best case scenario is that i have strained my bicep - RC injuries take a lot longer to heal, so fingers crossed. Im sticking to my old weights program until next week just to see how it goes. My cardio has now increased to nearly 2 hrs a day, which doesn't seem like much - UNTIL YOUR ACTUALLY DOING IT!!!!! Its just finding the time to fit it all in, but cardio is so important for stripping fat so its non negotiable.
So all in all, things are good and once i get over my shitty day, it will be great!
Measure, photos and weigh this sunday, hopefully things are still progressing, although it hasn't felt like it this week, despite eating and training being 100%. I know things will start to slow but i really need to get off a little more fat before im happy for things to slowdown!
Ok, off to bed i go...maybe a good sleep will remove the funk...
xxoo

2 comments:

  1. Good luck on Sunday with your measurements, photos and weigh-in Lauren, that's a lot of cardio - but am sure will all be worth it in the end for you!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Leisl! It is a lot of cardio isn't it?! lol The INBA comp is coming up so quickly, it's amazing how time flies, so hopefully all the prep will be worth it in the end xxoo

    ReplyDelete