My journey to become a Figure Competitor

My journey to become a Figure Competitor

Sunday, April 4, 2010

The countdown...

Happy Easter Everyone! Hope you have all had fun and relaxing breaks and enjoyed a few choccies along the way.
I am now exactly 24 hours from finishing my trial water load and deplete. Oohh thank goodness because this my friends was one tough test. It has been extremelly satisfying to know that i have the strength and determination to not even want to cheat on such a restrictive plan, but hey I'm allowed to say I'm glad it will be over soon am i not?!
Michael took photos and measurments yesterday and the difference in just 2 weeks of comp preperation is extrodinary to say the least. I knew the changes would be quick, well they have to be, but i was also shocked that i could see the changes as i am usually so hard on myself. My girth measurements have come down, my weight is down another 1kg so that is nearly 3kgs in 2 weeks so far, BUT the best bit was the callipers. Now at Unique we use a body composition machine to measure body fat percentage. It is accurate but not in the bodybuilding world. Bodybuilders will only ever take calliper measurements because it gives a really good indication of where fat is placed on the body.
So Michael took measurements from 7 sites (7 places on my body) and my body fat percentage has come in at...(drum roll please)...15.5% !!!! yaaaa! This means i am only 5.5% away from being stage ready. Corina is stoked with this aswell and so this has inspired me to keep pluggin away at my training and diet.
It was a bit daunting to hve to get to 10% bodyfat for the stage but little did i know i was already nearly there! Now don't get me wrong, the next 12 weeks of prep are going to be greulling but at least i know i am now in with a shot of getting on stage.
This week will see me order my competition suit with all da bling! According to my colourings i should aim for a deep purple, dark blue or black bikini for stage, so i am working towards something like this. I also have to order my stripper heels (!!!) this week so i can start practising walking in them and i guess i will have to start learning posing routines soon too... hmmm much to do such little time.
Oh and i must give a shout out to Amanda and Stu on the birth of baby Georgia May! Well done guys she is just beautiful - and that hair, wow! Michael and I went to visit the happy couple in the hospital on saturday and this little girl is just gorgeous with wads of black hair! We left with baby Georgia snuggled into dad and sound asleep...awww! Too sweet.
Ok well that's it for me for now, im off to have a coffee - black of course!
xxoo

No comments:

Post a Comment